Award Winning: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout finished 10/19 (Pulitzer Prize)
Alternate History Fiction: 11/22/63 by Stephen King finished 7/27
War/Military Fiction: Catch-22 by Joseph Heller finished 12/13
Anthology: The Granta Book of the African Short Story by Helon Habila finished 4/26
Travel (Non Fiction): A Woman Alone: Travel Tales from Around the Globe by Faith Conlon finished 7/1
Published in 2014: The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena finished 3/16
Didn't get to: True Crime (Non Fiction), Romantic Comedy, Graphic Novel, Cozy Mystery Fiction, Gothic Fiction, Medical Thriller Fiction
Challenges #1-6: 5/6
1. Read a book whose title names an object usually found in the kitchen: The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena finished 3/16
2. Read a book from your 'average' year (2000)
3. Read a book that has a connection with the number "14": Innocence by Dean Koontz (published in '14)
4. Read a work of fiction from the New York Times 100 Notable Books of 2013: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer finished 2/15
5. Read a book set in France before the 21st Century: Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris finished 10/8
6. Read a book by a Yorkshire Born writer: Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris finished 11/30
Challenges #7-12 Completed!
7. Read a book you received as a present: Darwin: Portrait of a Genius by Paul Johnson finished 2/21 (from my nephew Kyle)
8. Read a book that has a glossary: I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai finished 3/7
9. Read a book by the author of one of your favorite books of 2013: Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King finished 3/23
10. Read a book that you discovered on an LT thread in 2013: Everything I Need To Know I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane E. Muldrow finished 3/7
11. Read a book that has two of something in the title: Catch-22 by Joseph Heller finished 12/13
12. Read a mystery book where the lead investigator is a professional sleuth, but not one employed by law enforcement: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith finished 8/25
Challenges #13-18: 3/6
13. Read a book by an author who died in 2013: A Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson finished 10/6
14. Read a book that is about an athlete or athletes: Horse People: Scenes from the Riding Life by Michael Korda finished 5/25
15. Read a book that takes place during "The War to End All Wars" (1914-1918)
16. Read a book with an ugly cover
17. Read a book about the city, state, or country in which you live
18. Read a book by an author from Sub-Saharan Africa: The Granta Book of the African Short Story by Helon Habila finished 4/26
Challenge #19 Completed!
19. Read a book with a walking or standing figure on the cover: Something Missing by Matthew Dicks finished 2/6
20. Read a book by an author called Elizabeth or a version of that name: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout finished 10/19
Overall I completed 2 out of 6 challenges, and read 22 out of 34 challenge books. Hopefully I'll more reading time in 2015!
P.S. I found the book store picture on FFFFOUND!