Thursday, November 20, 2008

1. I am a list maker.



I am a list maker and love the many list makers in my life. You know someone you love is a list maker if they have several pads of paper and post-its on hand, and they have amassed an amazing pen collection. Some list makers I know will put things on a list just so they can check them off. We are a special breed.

SO when I came across the Well Seasoned Reader Challenge through a blogger of a blogger, what I saw was the perfect reason to put two of my passions together: reading and list making.

The books you are challenged to read have to fall within categories. I spent an embarrasing amount of time compiling a list of books I own and would like to read or reread that fall within three of those categories. Behold, the list:

1. Must Have a Food Name in the Title

~ Blessed are the Cheesemakers/ Sarah-Kate Lynch
~ Animal, Vegetable, Miracle/ Barbara Kingsolver
~ Chocolat/ Joanne Harris (I've been wanting to reread it since it's a favorite and now there's a sequel!)

2. Must Have a Place Name in the Title

~ Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas/ Hunter S. Thompson (Corey's recommendation)
~ The Road from Coorain/ Jill Ker Conway
~ The Bridges of Madison County/ Robert James Waller
~ Blackbird House/ Alice Hoffman
~ Here on Earth/ Alice Hoffman
~ A Year in Provence/ Peter Mayle (borrowed from a friend)
~ Pilgrim at Tinker Creek/ Annie Dillad
~ A Map of the World/ Jane Hamilton
~ Brave New World/ Aldous Huxley
~ In the Deep Woods/ Nicholas Conde
~ Alice in Wonderland/ Lewis Carroll (reread)

3. Must Be About One (or more) Person's Travel Experience

~ Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral/ Kris Radish
~ Liner Notes/ Emily Franklin
~ Zarafa/ Michael Walker
~ Three Cups of Tea/ Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
~ Lost Highways/ Curtiss Ann Matlock
~ The Poisonwood Bible/ Barbara Kingsolver
~ Mister Christian/ William Kinsolving
~ The Alchemist/ Paulo Coelho
~ The Dharma Bums/ Jack Kerouac
~ A Wrinkle in Time/ Madeleine L'Engle
~ The Last Witchfinder/ James Morrow
~ Water for Elephants/ Sara Gruen

Thank god I'm a fast typer.
It would take me an entire year to read all of those books, and I only need to pick three. That is the life of a list maker.

I was tagged by Martha at http://marthamillerart.blogspot.com/, which means I have to, "Tell 6 quirky but boring, unspectacular details about yourself." Consider this the first installment.

Oh! and here is the website in case you want to sign up for the reading challenge with me:
http://melissasbookreviews.blogspot.com/2008/11/interesting-people-amazing-places-and.html

P.S. I borrowed that cool-o picture from google reader 1000.

1 comment:

martha miller said...

haolo! (that's the word verification here today!)

i also love crossing items off lists. have you ever read the frog & toad books? i'm certain you have...
love the story in which toad loses his list...