Wednesday, July 15, 2009

summer is for scrappin

I discovered a blog called Theatre Challenges and finally decided to join them in this challenge, which was to use the Sweeney Todd video "By the Sea" as inspiration. Here is the video:

These pictures are from a short trip we took to California 2 years ago. I only had one picture from the restaurant we like to go to when we're there, so I used a picture from the beach that day to give people an idea of what the view is like from the restaurant. ;-)

I was trying to use the ribbon to represent the second dress Mrs. Lovett's wearing in the video, but it didn't quite turn out as cool as it looked in my mind! I call the middle ribbon cluster the calamari that we had, and the bottom ribbon is the fish Corey had. It was fun trying!

I also scrapped these pictures from 2002 when we went to Phoenix for our friend Stephanie's birthday. Coincidentally Stephanie and I went to a Diamondbacks game on Thursday, which turned out to be a historical game. It was the biggest lead the Diamondbacks have blown in their history (7 runs), and the most runs scored in one inning for the Marlins (10). Ouch. We still enjoyed talking about Michael Jackson and our pets.

They were playing the Orioles at this game, and they lost 9-2. Gotta love em.

Also I just wanted to direct everyone to the bottom of my blog where I now have a playlist that goes with my posts, if you care to give a listen and play along.

1 comment:

Miss Jaster said...

cute pages! Thanks for playing along at Theatre Love, we hope you join us for future challenges too!! :D

~Kimmy