Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3 Books That Take You Back to High School


Two challenges in one: green spring color for Poppytalk, and 3 Books That Take You Back to High School for Lost in Books.

1. Any and all books by Christopher Pike. I was crazy for Christopher Pike in high school! I remember one Christmas my parents bought me a ton of his books and I was in heaven. If I have to pick one specific title for list purposes, "Remember Me" stands out in my mind.

2. I was enraptured by the entire "Anne of Green Gables" series, which I was turned onto by one of my high school BFFs.

3. "Hamlet" by William Shakespeare - we read a different Shakespeare play every year in high school, and this one was my favorite. Now high school and Hamlet are synonymous in my mind.

P.S. "Green Books" is by Chris Cobb. And now I want to color code my books.

3 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Hey, Christopher Pike! That's some nostalgia for me, too--except that it takes me back to middle school. =)

I think my favourite was Immortal, because it wasn't too scary, but I also enjoyed the quasi-Slasher mystery in his "Graduation" trilogy (whatever it was called!).

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Hamlet was my favorite Shakespeare play in high school. I can't remember how many times I read it, but that little paperback was well loved.

Becca said...

ZOMG. I totally want to color code my books now, too. That will be impossible to ever finish!

Great choices. I haven't read Pike yet, but Jenners keeps recommending him to me so I need to get to him sooner or later!