Sometimes something so simple can mean so much. In the past week 2 online friends have separately called me out for some blogging/scrapbooking recognition and it really brightened my day when I found out. The first award came last Thursday from Lisa at Her Book Self. She gave me The Versatile Blogger Award!
In lieu of an acceptance speech I am required to share 7 random things about myself:
1. I got bit on my foot by a tiny black ant Monday morning during playground duty. My foot swelled up so much you couldn't differentiate my ankle from my calf. It really hurt for 2 days! One of the 2nd grade teachers made up an EpiPen song about me.
2. I have a really challenging class this year. Coming home to Lisa and Shazza's kind awards actually picked me up. What a relief though - the past 2 days have been sort of normal (aside from the sharp scissors in the face incident this afternoon).
3. One of my new favorite reality shows is Pit Boss. Dwarfs + Animal Rescue = good times
4. I didn't think it was possible for Corey to be cuter, but with a dog in each arm he is.
5. Caprica Six cracks me up because she's hyper and clumsy. Her energy is infectious to Captain Skippyjon Jones which makes me laugh even harder.
6. I'm reading The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman right now and it's picturesque and touching! It's so sad I'm sure my mother-in-law will love it.
7. I should be grading papers right now.
Then Shazza from Shazza's Craft Connection gave me a Sunshine Award on Wednesday.
Even though I live in the desert I could always use some sunshine!
So I'm supposed to pass on my awards to 15 bloggers, but I'm only sharing them with the elite:
My first award goes to my sister-in-law at Rhubarb's Rants. Her keen observations about life are funny and she always has cute pet pictures and stories about my fur nieces. That's versatility.
I'd like to send a shout out to my friend Stephanie at Unvaulted. Some day she will be a famous writer. If you read her blog you can brag to people you knew her since way back. Tell her you like her stories and you will bring her some sunshine.
My favorite Australian crafter/reader blog has to be Luvvie's Musings. She knits. She reads. She has guinea pigs. What's more versatile than that?
Last but not least I'd like to send some sunshine to The Avid Reader's Musings. She writes beautiful book reviews without spoiling it for you. She also has mad photography skills.
Now it's your turn to spread the love.