Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October Reading

October is my month to read horror or fantasy stories to get me in the Halloween spirit. First I read Beloved by Toni Morrison. It's a ghost story but it made me think more about racism than the occult. Both are scary. Here's what else I'm going to try to read this month:

Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz - for my Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge, also there is a new t.v. show on Lifetime based on this book that I want to watch

Cell by Stephen King - zombie story, to read with the Stephen King group on LibraryThing

The Walking Dead, Vol. 3: Safety Behind Bars by Robert Kirkman - can't wait for the show to start again Sunday!

The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J. K. Rowling - this has been on my shelf for 5 years!

and my book club is reading A Good Fall by Ha Jin (not scary).

P.S. The cover of Haunted Horror was designed by Lee Elias.

No comments: