Monday, March 30, 2009

The Blind Assassin

I finished this book by Margaret Atwood last week, which I read with a reading group on LibraryThing. It's a story within a story within a story which made it a little confusing at first, but once I got it all sorted out in my head I liked it more. Although it was well written, this book was too depressing for me to ever read again; it's the tale of an old woman looking back on her sad, messed up life. Everyone in her family is dead, everything she once had is lost. What a great cover though!

My favorite part was when she went to a park and got flashed by a stranger. She simply said, "I'm sorry, I'm just not interested" which cracked me up!

This book qualifies for the What's In a Name Challenge as a book with a profession in its title.

No comments: