Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

Right when I started following Punky Scraps they went on vacation. Who can blame them? But now they're back and I got to take part in my first challenge with them, which is to use this sketch:
If you know me you know I can't just put 1 picture on a page, so I turned the sketch into a 2 page layout:
left page (the sketch inspired me to add the doggy paper clip by Karen Foster Design which was Corey's favorite detail):
right page:
The sketch suggests some type of paint splatter, which is what influenced me to pick these photos in the first place. I thought of the messy swim party we had when Joe and Jon brought their {giant} puppies over for the first time.

First I sprayed my paper with Tim Holtz alcohol ink (it's called Sail Boat Blue). Then I flicked it with some watercolor paint. I decided slinging paint is fun! I also used my watercolor paint to add some flair to the snips & snails & puppy dog tails badge I cut out of some patterned paper:

I inked the D with a stamp pad because the blue looked a little sad compared to the rest of the layout. I love those Summer Lovin chipboard letters by We R Memory Keepers!
And I want to thank Shazza for sending me the patterned paper by Basic Grey! I used only 1 sheet of paper on both pages by matting the pictures on the left and using the remaining strips for the border only on the right. Bet you couldn't tell!

4 comments:

yyam said...

OOoh...Love your multi-photo layout! Love the effect of alcohol ink spraying too....I want to try it out!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Thank for visiting my blog- your comment on the Fierce One page made me smile. :) Great page design- I will have to try this alcohol ink technique- I have a couple of bottles but have left them sitting in their package as I have zero idea how to use them properly. Thanks for joining the Punky Scraps challenge!

Kat said...

fun layout! 2-pagers are nealry impossible for me, so i really like how you pulled it off! love the pup pictures, too. thanks for playing along with PS!

Natalie Jane said...

wow!! i never two pagers...i tried once...hahahah!!
Love the spraying and the design :-D
Thanks for playing along...this is too hard!!
x