Saturday, January 8, 2011
2011 To Be Read (TBR) Challenge
I've been casting about for a new reading challenge to do this year and I finally found one I could really get on board with at Roof Beam Reader.
To finally read 12 books from your "to be read" pile, within 12 months. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or "To Be Read" list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2010 or later. Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the "can't get through" pile.
1. A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas (reviewed here on January 29th)
2. Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi
3. Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland (reviewed here on February 9th)
4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (reviewed here on June 30th)
5. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
6. Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper (reviewed here on November 22nd)
7. My Ántonia by Willa Cather (reviewed here on April 23rd)
8. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov (reviewed here on October 23rd)
9. Homer and Langley by E. L. Doctorow (reviewed here on November 18th)
10. The Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg (reviewed here on May 6th)
11. Local Girls by Alice Hoffman (reviewed here on November 11th)
12. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
13. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin
14. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Who else wants to play?
P.S. The Bookshelf is by Colin Thompson.