Thursday, January 6, 2011
2010 Reading Survey
I found this book survey on The Avid Reader's Musings. I combined a lot of the questions with My Favorite Books of 2010 post, so I'm answering the rest here.
1. Best book of 2010? I can't pick just one! Here's my list.
2. Worst book of 2010? Autobiography of a Fat Bride: True Tales of a Pretend Adulthood by Laurie Notaro - It was supposed to be funny but it just put me off. The mom constantly slapped her daughter in the face (as a punchline?) but I didn't find it amusing.
3. Most Disappointing Book of 2010? Rose in a Storm: A Novel by Jon Katz (reviewed here on October 22nd)
6. Best series you discovered in 2010? An Inconvenient Elephant: A Novel by Judy Reene Singer (reviewed here on July 10th) This year I hope to read the first book from the series, Still Life with Elephant.
7. Favorite new (to me) authors you discovered in 2010? Sarah Addison Allen, Fannie Flagg, Susan Isaacs, and Carol Goodman
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
The Gates: A Novel by John Connolly
12. Most memorable character in 2010? Olivia in Ruby by Ann Hood (reviewed here on May 7th)
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman (reviewed here on May 17th)
How about you guys? New favorite authors, best book you read, how was your 2010 in reading?