Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge


I've been casting about for a new reading challenge this year and I found one that I thought would be fun -- reading books about witches and witchcraft! You can read any number of books to join, but I am choosing "Initiate: Read 1 - 5 Witchy Books."

Here are some books that I already have which I will choose from:

1. No Rest for the Witches by MaryJanice Davidson & other authors - short stories

2. Son of a Witch: Volume Two in the Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire - I read Wicked in 2006 so I guess it's time to read the sequel

3. The Crucible: A Play in Four Acts by Arthur Miller - I did a scene from this in a competition in high school but never read the whole thing

4. The Last Witchfinder by James Morrow - this has been on my shelf for 3 years

5. Witch by Christopher Pike - I have been wanting to reread some of my Christopher Pike books (my favorite in high school) but never find a reason to. Maybe this challenge will get me going.

(non-fiction)

6. The Truth About Witchcraft by Hans Holzer

7. The Complete Art of Witchcraft by Sybil Leek

8. Witchcraft in the World Today by C.H. Wallace

If you would like to join my reading coven visit Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf.

P.S. Has anyone ever read The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier? When I searched "witch" in my LibraryThing library this book came up. Is it witchy?

P.P.S. The Night Sky is by Maggie Taylor.

2 comments:

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

So glad that you are joining my Witches & Witchcraft Challenge!!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

ErinPaperbackstash said...

Cool graphic - quite creepy! I've never read the crucible