Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Walkin in a Winter Wonderland

In December ARTastic challenged scrappers to use A Blessing of Christmas by Thomas Kinkade as inspiration.

I have never been a big fan of Thomas Kinkade and I'm not sure why. But since I live in a land without snow I thought it would be funny to somehow morph his painting into a desert scene.

I decided to use the pictures from our Pet Walk from last weekend since it was a classic warm and lovely winter day. I wanted to make a desert snowman so I used some sun-ish patterned paper and cut it into a snowman shape using a stencil. I also used some of the brochure to add some information about the walk.


I used green paper and added spines with a marker to try to make "Winter Wonderland" look like each letter is a cactus.


The chihuahua is from a handmade birthday card my friend Alana gave me 2 years ago. I colored the chihuahua black to make it look more like Stellaluna.

No comments: