Monday, November 7, 2011

Michael Kors Similes

Episode 10 (Sew 70s)
Gross, two 70s fashion challenges in a row and in this episode the designers had to make 2 ugly outfits. The 70s are probably my least favorite decade in fashion, but it was fun to see Bert lord his 70s experience over everyone.

Michael Kors, what do you have to say about it?

Laura

Talk about schizophrenic! We've got the ugly print skirt with the prison-striped halter top and then I go the other extreme and it's like taking three sleeping pills.

Anya

The top, it's like the color of Dentyne chewed gum on the bottom of your seat or something, but I like the work in the back of the top very much.

This is a SPOILER ALERT for anyone who hasn't watched the season finale yet!

This whole season I felt like it was so amazing how everyone helped out Anya so much. It made me feel like there is still hope for humanity. Anya lost her money during this challenge so her fellow competitors scrounged up $11 to give to her to buy fabric from Mood. Back at Parsons they gave her their castoff material. Wow, how sweet!

In other episodes fellow competitors helped her actually sew her outfits. Wow, generosity abounds!

But after watching Anya win this season I kind of felt bitter about all the help she received. Is it really fair for someone to win when they received so much help along the way? Why don't I just go try out for Project Runway then? And now that I feel bitter about Anya winning I feel like I'm part of the reason there is no hope for humanity.

But really I just liked Viktor's collection best.

2 comments:

auntangi said...

I agree with everything you said...which means I might also be the reason there is no hope for humanity. But be serious people, Viktor should have won on that leather jacket alone!

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Yes, I'd like to see Anya make something with sleeves, let alone a finely crafted leather jacket!