Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dancing Queen

This month at From Screen 2 Scrap their challenge is to use this movie poster as inspiration:
As an added challenge you can add pearls or rhinestones and a 2 word title.
Corey and I had an ABBA jam session when we were on our way back from Flagstaff the other night, and it gave me the idea for this challenge. These pictures are from my niece's wedding reception in 2010. You know how every family has a crazy dancing aunt? Well that's me! Luckily my mom had her camera ready.

I used mostly stickers and rick rack to make this fun page. I think those banner letter stickers are super cute. They are Recollections brand from Michaels. If you want to get them too, be forewarned that the adhesive does not stick. After I put them down they began popping up and I had to put more adhesive on the back. Bummer.

The crown sticker fulfills my rhinestone requirement. The old school dress tag came pre-made. I love trying to work in those old supplies. And I actually spelled QUEEN with a Q, U, 2 Ws, and an M. I can't be stopped!

What are you the queen of?

6 comments:

Miss Nicky said...

what a fun layout Nicole. I love the story you told about it too! Thanks so much for playing along, hope to see you back again next month.

ps. I'm the crazy aunt too. Way more fun than being the boring aunt ;0)

Dale Tiernan said...

Great story behind your fun page. I'm the crazy dancing aunt also. I love weddings and wish more people would invite me so I could dance the night away.
Thanks so much for having a go at The Queen. You nailed it.

DebiJ said...

Lovely to see you are a crazy dancing Aunt Nicole! Love it! What a great page here - top photos, & love your title made out of the alphas you had...great tag & dress too. And topped off with that fab set of flags..thank you for playing along at FS2S!

Jane said...

That tag with the tuille dress is a standout Nicole and I like your story behind your fun night. Thanks so much for playing along with us on FS2S.

Shazza said...

Hi Nicole! Great to see you again, and what a great page to enter for the challenge :) I loved the 'Crazy Aunt' story and fabbo pics to back it up! Thanks for joining in at FS2S.

marysunshine said...

What a fun Lo, thanks for sharing the story with me. Love how yoiu made the little formal dress.
Thanks for playing, hope to see you next month.