Saturday, July 7, 2012

What's inside the National Museum of American History?

Take a Word Challenge asks everyone to use the word MUSIC as inspiration this week. It reminded me that I still needed to scrap my pictures from our visit to the National Museum of American History, including a photo of Bill Clinton's saxophone:
A little bit closer now:
Finding out that the Roosevelt children brought a pony into the White House made me want to share a photo of me taking my pony through our living room. I thought of it as a short cut.
Abe Lincoln's hat was probably my most favorite from the trip. Seeing the actual American flag that inspired Francis Scott Key to write the National Anthem was pretty cool too. I wish we had a whole day to see this museum; we only had time to visit one wing.

The patterned paper I used came with a kit from my secret santa a few years ago. I thought I would never use it but I am also a scrapbook supply hoarder so I held onto it. Luckily I did. It has an American charm without being too in your face about it.

Take a look at the H in History...it's actually an L turned sideways. I love it when I have a make it work moment!

And here's a closer look at the picture of me on my pony Kangi:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that pony story! Too funny.