Saturday, June 22, 2013

My heart belongs to you!

Corey and I are coming up on our 14th wedding anniversary and I love that guy more every day! We have a happy marriage so I must have an incredible wedding scrapbook, right?! No, I have done 1 page in 14 years!!!

Since I'm out of school for a few weeks I decided to set a goal for myself: get 13 pages done for our wedding scrapbook so (combined with the 1 that's already done) we will have 1 page for each year of marriage.

I began scouring my favorite challenge blogs for motivation and came upon 3 things that inspired me.

1. This scrapbook page made by Robyn Werlich from Scrapjacked.

2. Botanicals from Take a Word Challenge.

3. Stitching from The Studio Challenges.

And here's what I came up with:

This is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding day and it was unplanned. My bouquet doesn't look big but after carrying it around for a couple hours it got heavy. While we were waiting to be announced at our reception I complained that my arms were getting sore and Corey offered to hold my flowers for me. What a gentleman! Did I make a good choice or what?

I think Robyn's page was done digitally so I had to think of a way to mimic it with paper. I decided to silhouette some flowers with punches and scraps to use as my repeated botanical graphic. That's 3 punches per flower, a little workout for me.

I dabbed some Sail Boat Blue and then Watermelon Tim Holtz ink onto a paintbrush and splattered the background paper. I like how it broke up the plain off-white paper and made it a little more fun with dimension.

I used a title on vellum and added some blue washi tape, and some paper lace ribbon made by Creative Imaginations (Narratives by Karen Russell) to help adhere it to the page. I recommend this paper lace because it came off the backing easily and didn't tear. It was also easy to trim with scissors.

I've had the fabric pocket with the navy blue heart tag in my wedding scrapbook supply box for probably, um, 14 years or so and finally got to free it from the restraints of packaging. I don't like sewing so I thought this would be a nice way to add some stitching for The Studio Challenges without giving myself any grief.

I know some challenge blogs don't like when you combine challenges, but I feel it would be unfair leaving any of the websites out since they each inspired me in some way to make this page.

Only 12 to go!

2 comments:

yyam said...

Such a sweet page. Love the repeated circles. And he looks cute with your bouquet too...lol

Congrats on your upcoming 14th wedding anniversary! Hope you complete all the layouts!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and unique layout! Thank you for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges!