Friday, June 28, 2013

Owl love you forever!

This month at So Artful Challenges they ask crafters to create something with an owl in it. Hooray!
Since I'm still working on our wedding scrapbook I thought a page about our nieces and nephews would go well with an owl. I chose a patterned paper broken into quarters by We R Memory Keepers called Nonsense Silly Sally because I wanted to sit an owl on one of the branches. But that was the only part of the paper that went with my color scheme so I cut it out and saved the rest for another project. Keeping with the quadrant layout I added a navy blue piece to the bottom half and a pink pp from K&Company called Berry Sweet to the top.

I added everyone's name with my Dymo label maker, and white cardstock to mat 2 photos into Polaroid-esque pictures. The silver letters at the bottom say "Nephew Swap" since Corey's dancing with "my" nephew and I'm dancing with "his."

Which left the owl. I decided to use this price tag that came on something I bought but it wasn't the right color. I just wanted to change the red to pink. I scanned it, printed it, and cut it out to make a pattern which I traced onto the pink pp. I cut it out and glued the pieces over the original. I also added a tiny flower sticker for our owl friend to hold so she wouldn't feel left out of the wedding.
I added foam alphabet stickers by Sandylion. Can you tell I ran out of Os and Es?

I didn't really believe we've been married for 14 years, but looking at these pictures makes me realize it's true. 2 of these kids are married, 1 with a kid, 2 of these kids are in college, 2 already have degrees, and 1 is in the military. Maybe I should have made the title "Time Flies." Ha!

P.S. Only 6 pages to go!

3 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful scrapbooking an I love your cheerful owl- wonderful colors and creativity!

Lori

Foxglove Hollow

Electra said...

This is delightful, I love how you have repurposed the tag! Only 6 pages to go, congratulations. I did my wedding album at the request of my daughter, after I was divorced! haha! How weird is that? It was about 145 years later as well. Thank you for sharing your wonderful owl with us for our Soartful Challenge!

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

What a nice mom! She probably loves looking at those pictures.

Thank you both for your kind words!