Monday, June 24, 2013

Today I will marry my BEST FRIEND

I just discovered a challenge blog called Purple Pumpkin Crafts. This month they challenged scrappers to use this sketch to create a layout:
This is my interpretation:
I started gathering the wedding patterned paper I've been collecting through the years to cut into rectangles and use as my paper mat, but instead I felt like I needed to punch the paper into triangles and make a banner.

The sketch has a flower on the left so I chose a journaling card that had flowers to use in its place. The journaling tells the story of this final conversation we got to have as single people. Mainly, my husband explaining he was late to our wedding because he was doing laundry. I love this guy!!!

I liked the swirly in the sketch so I included a chipboard piece I won in another challenge and painted it.

I made a little collage personal to our wedding for the bottom right corner. The stick people sticker is significant because we had stick people on our wedding invitation. The clock from my friend Stephanie is significant to Corey being late to our wedding. Our wedding colors were navy blue and silver.

11 wedding pages to go!

I just started experimenting with taking pictures of my scrapbook pages outside for improved lighting. Captain Skippyjon Jones loves having his picture taken so of course he had to sit on the page and pose the minute I got it on the ground. I love this dog!!!

Purple Pumpkin asked if I used any of their products to create this page. Since I just came across their website a few days ago everything came from my stash.

5 comments:

auntangi said...

I am so jealous that you are scrapping your wedding! I really need to tackle ours :) What was that kit you told me about? (BTW, your page is perfection!)

Vicky Varvadouka said...

I am very happy that you have come across Purple Pumpkin blog!! It is the best thing to marry your best friend ;) Great work!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!!!xx

yyam said...

How awesome to marry your best friend! Glad you got to use up those papers for your lovely layout!

Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

Unknown said...

What a lovely LO. Love the banner. Thanks for joining us at PP this month :)

lisaplus6 said...

so pretty! the banner at the ytop is perfect! Thanks for joining us at PP this month :)