Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Shoes

The quest to have a wedding scrapbook with 14 pages by the end of the summer continues. Luckily I found some inspiration from Inspired By:
and also from this sketch at Delightful Inspiration:
to come up with this:
I used pictures of myself and my bridesmaids from the rehearsal dinner and the wedding displaying our shoe choices. Ah, I love the 90s.

I used navy blue cardstock with a scalloped edge and backed it with some patterned paper from Basic Grey. I have 2 pieces of that paper, but I decided to save a piece and cut out what I needed from the part most people wouldn't see:

I also found some inspiration from A Year in the Life of an Art Journal. They're working on a coffee table book project, but one of their challenges is to use up a sticker sheet. I decided to use up 2 sticker sheets of shoes, using Target brand washi tape as a border background for one sheet, and incorporating the rest into my title.

My journaling says: I loved my silver shoes at the time but if we got married today I would choose Chucks or flip flops.

Only 10 pages to go!

2 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

I love it so much when people take our prompts and make them work for THEM!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Laurel said...

What a great layout, love the title! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.