Thursday, June 27, 2013

True Happiness

This week at Take a Word the challenge is to use True Happiness as your inspiration. Super easy when you're working on a wedding scrapbook!
This is one of my favorite pictures from the day, although you'll notice it too is crooked (still complaining about my wedding photographer, sorry!).

I gathered a bunch of stuff from my stash. The Flirty Dots patterned paper is made by Bo-Bunny. The "love" sticker is made by Pebbles. The chipboard buttons are from the Betty collection by Love, elsie (I used one to cover a big yellow circle on the tag). The tag is the newest thing on there, made by Dear lizzy + American Crafts. The "happiness" letter stickers are Delight Thickers. Finally we come to the polka dot letter stickers made by Momenta. I don't have many left so of course I didn't have an E. No problem! I used an F and added a leg from the Z. After I put it all together all that was left was the journaling.

Yesterday on our anniversary we got some good news: DOMA was ruled unconstitutional! True Happiness is equal opportunity.

I chose to share this historic event in my journaling. It is so much sweeter celebrating our wedding anniversary knowing every marriage is recognized by the federal government!

P.S. Only 7 pages to go!

2 comments:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Aww, you looked beautiful!

Electra said...

What a lovely bride you were! And yes, the news is good! True happiness for many!