Wednesday, June 26, 2013

You can Trust me

When I saw this month's challenge at White With 1, use WHITE + CORAL + DECORATIVE EDGES, I first pulled my Laser Lace paper made by Paper Pizazz from my stash. I didn't wear a lot of lace on my wedding day so I decided to scrapbook our cake since the design made me think of the frosting.
I always say you get some insight into a couple's relationship when they cut the cake. Not good or bad, just some insight. We were not cake smashers.

After cutting the lace out of my 8.5x11" paper I decided to add in the coral lace ribbon I had on hand. I'm going to give a shout out to Creative Imaginations again because this paper lace is so easy to use. In fact, I also decided to use the backing from the ribbon on the page for another layer since it was too pretty to throw away.

Delight Thickers and some random letters make up the title. I added some white brads, journaling strips, and Jolee's Wedding Cake stickers to finish off the page. I put everything a little crooked because our cake melted. Also almost every photo our photographer took was crooked so it was basically the theme of the day. (We discovered you get what you pay for when it comes to wedding photographers, kids.) Speaking of photos, I lamented the fact that Instagram wasn't invented when we got married, but at least I had the precursor: disposable camera + paper cutter + corner rounder = Instagram.

One page wasn't enough to tell all of my cake stories, so I added a second to talk about the melting issue. At least it still tasted good!

I used the rest of the coral lace ribbon to tie the two pages together. And I used a little of my Target brand washi tape that I incorporated on another page in the album. I also had this cute coral journaling card in my stash to tell my story on.

Here they are together. Only 8 pages to go!

P.S. That was 14 years ago today! Happy Anniversary Cutie!

5 comments:

auntangi said...

Happy anniversary! Great pages!!! (Side note re: wedding photographers, when my friend Jenny got married, her photographer showed up, 1 1/2 late, stoned out of his mind. Awesome. You get what you pay for is right!)

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

Nooo! At least ours was nice.

myriamMG said...

well documented and bright
thanks for playing with us at WW1

Janice Nicholls said...

Just beautiful...Thanks for joining in with us at WW1. :)

Leonie Waldron said...

Such a pretty page Nicole, Thanks for joining in at White With One June challenge! :)