Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Halloween!

This month From Screen 2 Scrap challenges us to use this movie poster as inspiration:
As an added challenge they ask us to use a black base, a house somewhere on your page, and a title with one word in RED letters.

So I thought I should highlight the Halloween decorations we put outside our house last year:

The house is a page torn out of Somerset Studio magazine. It was made by Michelle Ward. I added our house numbers above the door with black stickers but covered it up to share here since a pirate's lair is top secret. I tried to put my photos around the haunted house as though they were decorating its yard. I used a circle template on the bush photo to give it the landscaping it needs. I did not want to add a red word in the title since there isn't much red anywhere else on the page. Instead I traced HAPPY with an orange pen to make the letters stand out from the patterned paper.

And now I'm in the mood for Halloween! Maybe I'll even watch The Last House on the Left.

7 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

Hee hee, great decos Cap'n. I'm looking forward to Halloween too. Bought a couple of extra decos on Saturday. Thanks for joining us at From Screen 2 Scrap. Best of luck.

Shazza said...

Like your take on the challenge ....isnt that haunted house pic the best!!! thanks for joining in Nicole at FS2S..its nice to see your arty takes on the challenges again :)

marysunshine said...

Love you Halloween decorations, I bet it's really spookey when you put together .Thanks for playing.

DebiJ said...

I just love that arm in the shrub Capt Nic!! What a hoot! Love how you have incorporated your decorations in with criteria...great fun page! Thanks for playing once again!

Miss Nicky said...

such a fun layout Cap'n! ;0)

Scrappi Sandi said...

I'm loving that severd arm in the bush! Great submission! :D

Shazza said...

Hi Nicole!

I need your address, so I can get a prize sent to you :)
Can you email me at shazzaalleyes@hotmail.com

thanks
shazza