Monday, September 10, 2012

Project Life Week 22: Palm Springs edition

Back in June we took a family trip to Palm Springs. Yesterday I finished all the journaling in the inserts while watching the Broncos dominate the Steelers so I am ready to share at last.
You see a photo of a sign warning people not to work on their flat tires, when 30 minutes into our trip 1 car in our caravan already had a flat tire, time by the pool, me with a dress made by Andy Warhol at Palm Springs Art Museum, and a giant statue of Marilyn Monroe we found at the street fair.

I love these baseball card holders. I jotted all the little memories before they're gone on stamped journaling lines. Also the palm tree, colored with colored pencils, is my first time spreading one object between multiple pockets...oooh!

Notice my title is actually just a photograph I took of a mural.
I cut it into 3 pieces.
The right pages, first the backside of the insert:
I used patterned paper with rick rack stripes to tie the photos together.
This page documents our ride on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, a trip to The Living Desert, and our departure. Always goes by too fast!

I love the giraffe pic I took of my sister-in-law! Here's what those 2 vertical pics look like turned around:

I had to dig out all of the maps, receipts, and post cards to finish up my journaling which made me excited to get this trip scrapbooked!

P.S. Here is Nerd Nest's Week 22.

1 comment:

auntangi said...

Fantastic! And I love the baseball card holders. I think I need to get some for myself.