Sunday, September 2, 2012

pedicure time

Punky Scraps asks us to use this picture as our inspiration piece:
Around the same time I discovered the Punky Scraps challenge, Collage Obsession had a challenge to use the concept of footprints. That made me think of the pedicure I got with my nieces in May. I then used a reversed sketch of the Punky Scraps inspiration piece for my scrapbook page:
I stamped some polka dots in the corners to add texture and update an outdated piece of patterned paper. The die cuts are really old too. I have a million die cuts and I hardly ever use them, but the collage element of the inspiration piece compelled me to incorporate some. I cut the arrows out of a piece of a newer piece of patterned paper to match the toes to the girl.

5 comments:

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

Hi, Captain Nick! Sorry I'm just getting to see this very creative "footprint" piece you did. Great idea to use the pedicures as an inspiration! Great composition and energy too. Thanks for participating in the CO challenge.

Helene Bogren said...

Thanks for popping by my blog! I love your cool arrows!!

maxell said...

Wow. Great with the arrows as a interpretation from that pic. Thanks for playing along with PS.

misty said...

Such a fun page!

Natalie Jane said...

love this :) thanks for plying at punky scraps!!